Oct 8, 2020
Andreas Cohen is the Tribal Leader of the Smart Data Marketing
Elite and founder of I-COM. He joins the show from Spain this week
to explain why understanding Smart Data is important for businesses
to stay competitive and make sure their message to the customer is
consistent and effective. He also discusses the results from the
Hackathon, the benefit of organizations that combine behavior with
data science, and how he has been adapting and innovating due to
the recent shift in networking and professional gatherings in
- The ways in which we defined and categorized data in a company
as marketers have changed. While at first, it was about more than
just a digital transformation, group leaders soon saw the
importance of how data can be the catalyst to transform the
business as a whole, and other departments than marketing.
- Andreas refers to Smart Data Marketing as the art of creatively
leveraging value from Data to create competitive advantage in
products, user experience, and promotion.
- I-COM is a Global Sector Association helping its members to
achieve competitive advantage in Smart Data Marketing.
- At I-COM, their Data Science Hackathon broadened the scope of
participants, helping them understand marketing and product
development in an even broader sense.
- While we need hyperspecialists, our Chief Data or Digital
Officers also will be the ones defining the standards for the
organization and overseeing each unit and vendor.
- Data scientists are trained very skillfully in finding patterns
and extracting value from the information they gather.
- I-COM has meetups where they gather and discuss the industry
and obviously that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
While online chats are great for now, they don’t replace the
benefits of the connection that comes with talking to someone
- We see more companies hiring people in the marketing
- “For us, it’s about scaling what we are doing
- “Maintaining the integrity of the community is priority number
- “We are seeing companies get back after the shock and awe of
Mentioned in This Episode: