Apr 16, 2020
Tricia Nichols is currently the Chief Marketing Officer at
Independent Pet Partners and was Senior Vice President of Marketing
at Estee Lauder along with leadership roles in a variety of
different industries. Tricia joins the show to talk about how
brands can use authentic storytelling to get their message across
and bond with the consumer, what customer currency is and how we
can gain it in marketing, and the new ways of operating that we can
adapt to and thrive in this new way of operating.
- ● Storytelling is what drew Tricia to marketing and she
appreciates that brands can share their story in a way that
genuinely helps and moves others.
- ● Consumers are smarter than ever now and see through a lot of
the old manipulative advertising techniques. Things that work in
brand storytelling are more mindfulness and microstories.
- ● Brands must provide a compelling reason for their consumer to
follow, trust, and engage with them.
- ● Consumer currency is a brand bonding metric and a blueprint
to keep the consumer at the heart of the whole journey.
- ● We can build consumer currencies in many ways including
providing expertise, filling the white space in that industry,
making things easy and fun, and making their customers feel as
though they are communicating with a friend.
- ● Brands must not just know the “how” of what they do, but also
- ● What is most important now is keeping wellness at the
forefront of how brands communicate with their consumers.
- ● It is important to know the difference between educating and
providing value, and grandstanding and just speaking for the sake
of being heard.
- ● We can adapt to the new world instead of throwing away
everything we know. We will always be pivoting in business since
consumers are constantly rewriting their lives.
- ● “You are not just sold by the brand, you are sold by the
benefit of what that product is.”
- ● “Wellness should be on everyone’s mind as number one, right
- ● “If a brand could do anything, it should be asking how can I
help and what do people need to know.”
- Mentioned in This Episode:
- Chuck & Don’s
- International Pet