Apr 29, 2020
Chris Boggs is a top-tier digital marketing consultant and one
of the stewards in Search Engine Marketing. He joins the show this
week to talk about what he has seen change the most over his many
years of experience in SEO, PPC, social media, and web analytics,
and where he sees the trends moving next. Chris and Kevin also
discuss the state of SEMPO (Search Engine Marketing Professionals
Organization) and how it spawned many of the digital marketing
practices we still see today.
- ● Chris was a member of the Board of Directors for SEMPO, the
Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization, for 14
- ● There was an infamous meeting in SEMPO’s history with some
uproar and drama that they, fortunately, survived through.
- ● SEMPO has helped spark interest in executives at the C-Level
to care about organic and paid search.
- ● SEMPO became a part of the Digital Analytics Association and
Chris names a few of many of the benefits and support they get from
- ● Much like Kevin, Chris still communicates with people that he
has known for over 14 years thanks to SEMPO and the digital
- ● Chris’s intention with SEMPO is to slowly build up
educational content and discuss and implement current best
practices within the industry.
- ● Many of the pitch decks, common themes, and terms within the
digital marketing world came from SEMPO. While it was the Wild West
in that time (and still is to a certain extent) the effort set
forth to have consistency and organization did make a big
- ● Chris doesn’t use his SEMPO position for his own business but
instead uses it as a place for unbiased research and to help
- ● We have to embrace AI, but to integrate with it our existing
knowledge and experience.