Jun 26, 2020
Joey Dumont is a leader in the digital space and known for work
that encourages brands to be truthful and genuine with their
customers. He joins the show to talk about his role as the
Co-Founder and Partner Lead at True Thirty and Executive Producer
of the documentary, The Naked Brand. Joey shares how we
can take back communication and honesty in the advertising industry
and describes a few examples of brands that do it right, and what
we can learn from them. Joey was formerly the Partner/Managing
Director at Questus, an award-winning digital ad agency.
- Joey has spent over 15 years in the Advertising space and was
the Executive Producer of a documentary that came out in 2012
called The Naked Brand.
- The Naked Brand showed how corporates and iconic CEO’s
had more success with their audience when they were honest and
loyal, even about the challenges or not-so-great things surrounding
- At True Thirty, LLC, Joey combines his advertising background
with his colleague’s expertise in journalism and creative strategy.
Together, they form a holistic unit that helps brands really know
what people are saying about them, which sometimes can be quite
shocking and unexpected.
- The immediate impact of what is being said on social media and
how people are saying it is uncharted territory in a way we haven’t
- This conversation is a great reminder to use the pause button
before we respond in heated arguments online. When we take a minute
to check in with our emotions and understand where others may be
coming from, our community can become just a little less
- Not only is being honest the moral thing to do, but it’s also
the best thing for your brand and employees.
- What’s playing out in social media is not always what is
reflective of the discourse in real life.
- “It’s not what we think, it’s what is happening about there.”
(Joey on his work at True Thirty, LLC)
- “We have to start to control the contempt for one another. It’s
just not going to work.”
- “Be dead honest about what you are doing, and then you have
nothing to hide.”
Mentioned in This Episode:
IAB Op-Ed on Panic Buying
rag & bone
“Creating Civility and Opportunity with Rob Norman”