May 15, 2020
Doug Weaver is a legend in the world of sales strategy and
digital sales leadership. He is also the Founder & CEO of
Upstream Group, Inc. and uses his expertise to help others break
the mold of traditional sales conversations and get the best
results for both themselves and their potential clients. He joins
the show to share some of the best practices in digital sales and
survival skills during the pandemic. Doug also talks about what
strategies work best to keep large virtual meetings interesting and
- ● Even though we are temporarily virtual, we can still make
connections and help others feel seen and understood. During calls
of upwards of 75–80 people, Doug personalizes it by calling people
out by name and asking for their opinions while making a
- ● People can feel it immediately when you are just going
through the motions and not invested in truly helping them. We can
show empathy by doing our homework before, and knowing the business
of our potential clients.
- ● While companies ease back into the new office structure, it
is important to stay educated and hungry for information that keeps
you essential to your industry and job.
- ● To stay on the edge of your game, you have to know more about
your client than your competitor does and be open to knowledge that
expands your skillset and helps others.
- ● We should think less about getting the business of our
clients and more about if we actually deserve it.
- ● Our sales conversations can be a chance to help potential
clients overcome a shortcoming in their business, and show that we
truly deserve their loyalty.
- ● Keep learning and challenging yourself every day.
- ● “Authenticity is the new professionalism.”
- ● “You have to run this not as an entertainer, but as a party
- ● “We’ve got to understand the client’s business.”
- ● “Everyone focuses on getting the business, we don’t focus
enough on deserving it.”
- Mentioned in This Episode: